Hm. I liked it better last night.
I met a man while out one day,
But we had met before
He told me I should see my Father
It'd been many years and more
I saw my Father and embraced Him
I told him of the man I'd met
And how I came to love him so
My Father was quite exuberant
He'd planned it all before
I could have married Him, my love
But I had chosen to ignore
My love, He left to make a place for us
And told me He'd return
So I must wait quite patiently
Being sure to take concern
My things must all be ready
For I know not when He'll come
A hope chest filled with dreams and things
Candlewax, and few doilies, but some
So He can see by night, I'll keep
A lantern in the window
And I shall watch from there
I am now ready, for it would never do
To be soiled from up and cleaning house
When my beloved came through
But my Father picked a dress for me
For mine was not quite white
And now I am prepared for Him
He could come most any night
I shall wait quite eagerly
In my window, there
That I can see so clearly
My perfect Bridegroom, my lovely prayer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment